As you may know already, we work with a lot of successful businesses …. but Chiropractors take the cake. Why? The top 1% of chiropractors understand that you can deliver health and wellness to your clients, while running a 7-figure business, and working less than 40 hours a week.
How do they do it? They all had a common denominator …. they were able to, on command, get 10 to 40 new patients a week.
They have a systemized way to get the leads, contact the leads, and bring them into their business. Now here is where most chiropractors fail:
- They get 50 leads (However, they fail to contact them the day they come in)
- They set up 40 appointments (But, they fail to send out reminders and give value ensuring they show up at the initial meeting)
- They meet with 30 patients (But the patients only show up for one appointment)
I Want to Talk to You About Point #3
Why? This is the only part of the process I can’t control …. it’s up to you. When you meet with a new patient you must do the following:
- Educate them: Chiropractic clinics are built on long-term health and wellness. You must educate them on their chronic issue and what your action plan is to remedy it.
- Build enough value: The patient should have a great first consultation. You and your staff should go above and beyond to help them so they can’t imagine going anywhere else.
- Get them to sign a treatment plan during your Report of Findings. Before they leave your clinic you should have them signed onto a treatment plan that will help with the long-term care of their particular issue! Don’t let them go home and think about it and get back to you … that won’t grow your business. Most chiropractors don’t do this, which leads to the eventual failure of their business.
So, Focus on Chronic Issues?
Yes! That way you know you can help them and they will come back for 10, 20, or 50 visits! Makes sense, doesn’t it?
How to Target Patients with Chronic Pain
I’m going to show you, step by step, how to get these types of patients. This is how we are driving thousands of leads every month for our clients.
Note: These tactics change often, and you have to personalize them to your town or city.
But first, I want to challenge some assumptions.
You’re in the health and wellness business, so your patients probably want you to talk about being healthy, right?
Speaking to someone about their chronic pain, and how it’s debilitating them, would scare them away, right?
The answer to both of these is “no”.
If you want seemingly unlimited patients:
- Find niches in your area and speak to their pain points (or what is debilitating them)
- Run ads that target their specific issue
Secrets to Success
- 80% of people are more interested in solving their painful problems in life than getting pleasure (only around 20%)
- When you talk about someone’s pain points, they feel like you understand them more
You may be thinking that if you only advertise to one group, won’t that scare off the other categories of patients that you want? Absolutely not! You’ll still get those, don’t worry.
And keep this in mind – when you’re marketing to everyone, you’re marketing to no one. Billion dollar businesses are built off of niching. When you speak to a small niche, people know that you understand their issues. This creates a much higher level of trust, and since there are many niches in every city, it’s time to tap into them!
Let’s focus on some very specific problems that you can help with.
So, how do we accomplish this? Using Facebook lead generation.
Here’s the step-by-step with a couple example niches:
Joint Pain for Crossfitters
This is a huge, under-served niche, with tons of people needing adjustments to stay fit and healthy.
- Focus your ad targeting on women/men, ages 20-35
- Located within 25 miles of your chiropractic client’s practice
Low Back Pain for Seniors
Almost all seniors experience back pain at some point in their lives. They will pay really well to increase their quality of life.
Facebook is filled with this demographic now; the landscape has changed completely over the past few years.
- Target women/men, ages 55+
- Target the above group if they are within 20 miles of your practice
Now, I’ve given away most of the secret sauce. Setting up the ads and putting in the right ad copy is up to you. It is both art and science, but you can do it effectively. Make sure to try a variety of ads and see what sticks.
Once you have the ads down, what’s next? This is my favorite part:
Make a Great Landing Page
You’ll need to make a landing page that really emphasizes information that your patient would see in your office, and the language they would hear from you if they were talking to you in person. Simple and to the point is always best. Here are a couple of tips:
- Bullet point out the information (unless you’re using an educational article)
- Have the contact form optimized to be quick and easy (while still getting enough information to set up an appointment)
- Remember, you are not selling.
- Talk about their pain points. Be as specific as you can.
Setup Call Tracking and Form Tracking
I know this one is a little tough to do, however, there’s a great program called Call Rail that does it all for you. Keep in mind, you can’t manage what you don’t measure. Once you are tracking the phone calls and form fills, you can figure out your cost per lead, and then you are ready to scale!
What do I mean by scale? I mean getting as many patients as you want, per month. You are now in full control, able to push a button and have more patients flow in.
When this is up and running, you’ll need to track the following metrics:
- Number of leads
- Cost per lead
- Number of phone calls
- Cost per phone call
- Number of form fills
- Cost per form fill
- CPA (Cost per acquisition, how many leads did you need to see to get 1 new patient? What did that cost?)
Once you are tracking these metrics and have optimized CPA, you can scale your clinic to 40 new patients a month profitably.
At this point, you just ask yourself:
- Do I want to make 40, 80 or 100k a month? It’s now a math formula to scale your business.
- Do I have the right people for my business to take on this volume of new patients?
- What changes do I need to make at my practice to accommodate?
There you have it. You now have the power to grow your clinic and build a large patient database. As always, contact us at Gustin Quon if you have any questions or need help.